The shared vision of the members of the Summers County Sheriff's Office is to make Summers County, West Virginia one of the safest places in the nation to live, work, and vacation.
The Summers County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to providing a safe and secure community through community partnerships and by working to attain the highest level of professionalism and accountability.
In support of our mission, members of the Summers County Sheriff's Office are committed to upholding the following values:
- We value upholding the laws in an ethical, impartial, courteous and professional manner while respecting the rights and dignity of all persons.
- We will be compassionate and provide assistance to victims and those in need.
- We value promoting a sense of trust and respect for all people, including those in our agency.
- We value that the police and the community share in the responsibility for crime control and public safety and that the role of the police is defined by the community that it serves.
- We value and encourage problem solving, creative risk taking, initiative, and affecting change.
- We will recognize and reward those who contribute to the development of more effective ways of providing police services, and those who apply creative solutions to problems.
- We recognize that growth and learning are positive consequences of honest mistakes.
- We value the reduction and prevention of crime through community partnerships, and problem solving.
- We value the team concept. Successful completion of the task is more important that who gets credit for the work.
- We value and believe in high professional standards of integrity, ethics and behavior, guided by the letter, and spirit of the law, and the law enforcement code of ethics. We will act appropriately, responsibly, and require the same of others.
- We value and believe, "PEOPLE FIRST".